File API Upload Image Preview - Now a jQuery... →
I took last night’s script and turned it into a jQuery plug-in. Enjoy. :)
Using the File API to Preview Images before...
I was working on a little document builder tonight and wanted a way to preview images before uploading, which is something you commonly see associated with AJAX file upload scripts. I didn’t want to actually upload the files via AJAX, though. As it turns out, this was pretty straightforward and simple to do. Here’s an example. First, some CSS Mostly for display purposes - feel...
Self-deprecating Intro to Podcasting
Hey, look! We made a podcast. A while ago, my awesome boss (and friend) decided we should do a podcast, for fun and learning, and to hopefully start some good discussion. OK, so the first couple of times are always the worst, right? I am incredibly introverted (which, for some reason, comes as a surprise to many people), so this was a big leap for me, even though I was only talking to imaginary...
Happy Docs Rewrite & More
A few weeks ago, I posted about a little OSS CodeIgniter app I’d built for documenting APIs called Happy Docs. That code is still available, but Happy Docs has now gone in a new direction. You can now use Happy Docs as a hosted service! I gave the system a complete rewrite, added multi-user support, improved private projects, and gave the interface a bit of an overhaul. The end result: ...
Wrist-mounted Sonar for the Blind →
This is a pretty cool little piece of tech, and I can see how it could be very useful. Having some minor experience with using a white cane, I don’t think I could see this working as a total replacement. It’s amazing how much tactile feedback you can gain about your environment courtesy of a long stick, like a change in the texture of flooring that indicates a change between rooms, a...
Old Bugs and Code that Doesn't Play Nice
I was poking around at a little project earlier and ran into an interesting issue with Apache and a couple of enabled modules. Since I’ve been asked about it, I thought I’d go ahead and do a quick write-up of what happened and the process I went through to debug it. Basically, I was trying to follow a URL (on my local machine) to a non-existent file that would then rewrite to another...