10 months ago
Today is my twelfth wedding anniversary. This is the point where I would link to my husband’s Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/etc. profile and talk about how awesome he is, except he adamantly refuses to have any such profile (he also does not have a cell phone). So I’ll just skip to the talking.
We’ve been through and done a lot in the past dozen years, in no particular order.
- Got a green card
- Started school
- Finished school
- Gone back to school
- Bought a house
- Gone through a major renovation
- Had a kid
- Endured half a dozen eye surgeries and the surrounding uncertainty
- Supported each other through the loss of family and friends
- Started two successful businesses
- Taken a disproportionately small number of vacations
- Adopted a couple of dogs
- …. and a cat
- Made it through tough times without a job
- And a whole host of other things either too trivial or too personal (or sometimes, oddly, both) to mention.
It’s been a journey full of ups and downs, but all in all, mostly ups. It’s been a fun ride and I can’t think of anyone else I’d rather do it with.